The Power of Visualization: How to Manifest a Job With Your Imagination
As someone that worked in recruiting and HR, I love to talk about all things job manifestation. And today, I love to give you a step-by-step guide on how you can leverage the power of visualization to manifest your dream career.
So let’s get started with my top tips on how you can use your imagination to manifest your dream job.
Step 1: Become Clear About Your Dream Job
Having a clear understanding of your career goals is the first and most crucial step in your job manifestation process. This is where you’ll determine what exactly it is you want to achieve and what your ideal job looks like.
Start by writing down the specifics of your new dream job. This could include the company you’d like to work for, the position you want to hold, your desired salary, and the ideal location. The more specific you are, the better.
This will help you to focus your visualization efforts and create a strong, clear image of what you want to manifest.
Remember, the key to successful manifestation is specificity. The more detail you put into this, the more likely you are to attract your desired job. It’s important that you send a strong and clear message to the universe, what is, in reality, your subconscious mind.
So take your time, be thoughtful, and get clear on your career goals before you start visualizing.
Step 2: Create a Visualization Board
A visualization board can help you quickly get in and out of your job visualization.
This can be a complete job vision board or just a quick visual reminder of your dream job. It’s a collage of images, quotes, and affirmations that represent your dream job and the life you want to create for yourself.
Having a visualization board will help you stay focused on your goals and keep your dreams and desires at the forefront of your mind. Every time you see your board, you’ll be reminded of what you’re working towards and why. This will help you stay motivated and focused and keep you moving forward toward your career goal.
As an alternative, you can also write your visualization down as a short story that you read through before you actually do the job visualization.
This might sound like an unnecessary extra step, but it will allow you to deeply connect the story of your new job with your subconscious. For most people, it’s also easier to get into a visualization when having a visual or written guide to review first.
Step 3: Relax & Connect with Your Subconscious Mind
Creative visualization is a powerful manifestation method, but to really make it work, you need to have a deep connection with your subconscious mind first. Your subconscious is where the manifestation magic happens!
So in order to get the most out of your job visualization exercise, it’s important to first relax and connect with your subconscious mind. This will allow you to access the deeper levels of your mind where visualization can have the greatest impact.
To do this, try the following:
- Find a quiet and comfortable place to sit or lie down. Close your eyes if this feels easier for you to do, and take a few deep breaths.
- Let go of any thoughts, worries, or stress. Imagine that you are letting go of any tension in your body and allowing yourself to fully relax.
- Visualize a white light surrounding you, filling you with calm and peaceful energy.
- You can also repeat a positive affirmation to make it easier, such as “I am at peace” or “I am open to receiving positive energy.” Or just click here and download my favorite guided meditation for free. It’s a gift from me that will help you to get into that relaxed state (and open for more abundance) in just a few minutes.
By taking these steps, you will create a relaxed and peaceful state of mind, allowing you to connect your desire of manifesting a job with your subconscious and get the most out of your visualization.
Pro Manifestation Tip:
Most visualization exercises ask you to close your eyes, but many people do actually better with open-eye visualization. Try both and see what is easier for you to truly imagine yourself working in your new job.
Manifestation is all about connecting your dream, on a strong emotional level, with your subconscious mind. The way you do this is less important. Every manifestation method can work to attract your new job, as long as it does feel good.
Step 4: Visualize Yourself Working in Your New Job
Since visualization is a technique in which you use your imagination to picture yourself experiencing a desired outcome, it’s all about making up a story in your own mind.
By visualizing yourself in your dream job, you train your mind to believe that it’s possible, which can increase your chances of manifesting it in real life. The more often you practice this visualization, the more your subconscious mind will start to believe in your dream and the closer you will get to make it a reality.
When it comes to manifesting a new dream job, you can try different techniques:
- Use the perfect day visualization and imagine your perfect work day. Go into as many details as possible, like what time would you start, where you work, how are you dressed, what people are you talking to, and so on. Make it a little story, or watch yourself going through the workday as you would watch a movie.
- Visualize all the important details of your new job in mini-visualizations. Like your job location; for example, if you want your new position to offer you flexibility like a home office, or working from everywhere, then concentrate on where you sit, how does this make you feel? Then move on to your salary, and see how you hold your paycheck in your hand. Create different mini-stories all around manifesting your dream job.
- Visualize yourself at the job interview for your new position. This way, you can get into all the details of how your perfect job should look like, but you’ll also get more confidence for the job interview.
Don’t forget: Repeat this visualization daily, allowing yourself to fully immerse in the experience. Your subconscious loves repetition, and very soon it will accept your “made-up” story about your new job as your new reality. And that’s when the universe opens up new possibilities for you to get your dream job.
This brings me to the last and most important part of manifesting your dream job: taking action.
Step 5: Take Inspired Action To Manifest Your Dream Job
As I said above, visualization is a powerful tool for manifestation, but it’s only one part of an entire process. There are several reasons why taking inspired action is key for manifestation, even when you are using manifestation methods such as visualization:
- Your actions increase your beliefs and confidence: When you take action, it signals to your subconscious that you believe that your job manifestation is possible and that you are willing to put in the effort to make your dream job a reality.
- Your actions will bring the job manifestation closer to reality: It’s a way to demonstrate to the universe (what is, in reality, your subconscious mind) that you are serious about your dream job and that you are willing to do everything to manifest this job into a reality.
Going the extra mile is great to show your future employer that you are fully committed, but also to the subconscious.
- With your actions, you create momentum: Manifestation is a bit like an avalanche; you start with a dream, then you start working on your blocks and beliefs, and you start to take actions such as using daily job visualizations. Then you start taking inspired actions, like contacting the top five companies you would like to work for… that’s when this becomes bigger and bigger, and soon, your job manifestation will be unstoppable.
When you take inspired action, you program your subconscious to attract more opportunities to manifest your dream job.
Here is a little list of possible actions when manifesting a job:
- Networking, update your LinkedIn account and let people know that you are open for your new dream job. Share with them the details, you never know where this will lead you to.
- Get really creative in your application process. As someone that worked in recruiting, I can tell you the more your CV stands out in the crowd, the bigger the chance that you get an interview. The recruiter often gets hundreds if not thousands of applications for a position; being average will just not do the job.
- Apply for your dream company even if your job doesn’t exist. Employer branding is something that companies invest heavily into it; they love to attract people that want to work for them because of their culture. Think of your dream company and then let them know that you are open for a position and why you would be a great fit for them.
So you see, visualization is a great manifestation method to attract your dream job, but it’s not enough on its own.
Taking action is an essential part of the manifestation process and helps to increase your belief and confidence, bring your manifestation closer to reality, and create momentum toward achieving your job goal.
P.S. One more action you can take to manifest your dream job and a great alternative to visualization is guided meditations. Click here and download your free session.